Ultra Fishbunjin 3000
30 / 50
10 / 15
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 is a playable character in Slap City. He's a Fishbun who ate his veggies.
Fishbunjin is a large anthromorphic Fishbun. He retains the typical features of a Fishbun like the bill and fins, but also has large heaving muscles.
|All||35-38 (24) (30-37)||70||31||22||-13||
|All||19-23 (13) (19-23)||60||15||18||-23||
12 second input
20 third input
|1st (Vs. Grounded)||31-34||59||9||17||-11||
|2nd (Vs. Grounded)||50-53||98||9||17||-31||
|1st (Vs. Aerial)||31-34||59||9||—||—||
|2nd (Vs. Aerial)||50-53||98||9||—||—||
|All||— (20) ||90 (25)||10||19||—||371||80||2.5||1||0.8||1||No||R/R (+40)|
⌥ Clutch: Flex can be clutched to reverse facing direction.
↗ Jump cancel: Flex can be jump cancelled on frame 8.
15 1 sec
20 2 sec
30 3 sec
40 5 sec
50 10 sec
80 20 sec
⌥ Clutch: Aerial Hammer Drop can be clutched to reverse horizontal momentum.
Come Back When You're Ready, Kid
1 after 200 dmg
|After 200 damage||31||50||—||4||-15||
|Throw||— ||— (30)||0/18||—||—||
His first ever appearance was in Space Hunk, a free-to-download title that was created for Mojam 2013. Fishbunjin must be unlocked by playing with each character at least once. He is absurdly OP, as he is far larger than everyone else and has access to every special ability in the game.
He is encountered at the end of the Master Cave as a secret boss. He attacks by jumping around, throwing dumbbells (which can bounce off of walls), and summoning his scrawny Fishbun cousins. Defeating him lets you open the last few chests in the game, which contain cards necessary for an achievement.
Ittle Dew 2
Although he doesn't make a direct appearance, a mecha version of him called Ultra Mechabun can be encountered and fought in the game's secret dungeons. The difficulty scales with how many secret dungeons were completed prior. His attack patterns are very similar to Fishbunjin from the first game, but with an added shockwave effect with his hops and added projectiles with scaled difficulty. Mechabun also appears in Slap City as an outfit for Fishbunjin.
Card City Nights
He appears as Security Guard and blocks the player from the final room until defeated in a duel. He rewards a Mystery Booster pack. He also appears on a rare double-attack card that deals an additional one damage when used in an attack link.
Card City Nights 2
Fishbunjin doesn't make an appearance as an NPC, but he does appear on a legendary card that deals 4 damage after 10 turns. It can be activated sooner by playing common cards that reduces the amount of turns needed to activate by one.
He also makes a short cameo as a random panel in the Ittle Dew comic generator that can be found in the Science Lab.
Fishbunjin makes an appearance in the Remar Scrap Pack 4 title Rotnip Dungeon. He is an overworld enemy that gibs upon defeat.
- Ultra Fishbunjin 3000
- Ultra Mechabun
Easter eggs & secrets
- If you crouch as Fishbunjin for several seconds, he will start thinking about various complex math equations as well as some coding.
- Down special can be charged for up to 30 seconds, progressing the move's power by several stages. When fully charged, the strike is automatically unleashed, destroying everyone else on the stage no matter where they are.
- Holding clutch during down throw causes Fishbunjin to spin while performing the attack.
- Holding taunt while walking causes Fishbunjin to walk menacingly.
- Forward throw instantly KO's opponents at or above 200%.
- Holding clutch while pressing taunt lets you stay in the pose. While standing, you can bounce your pecs with attack and special. Holding clutch while pressing these buttons lets you sway your hips from side-to-side instead.
- Pressing taunt during side special causes Fishbunjin to honk like a car horn.
- Pressing taunt while knocked down will cause Fishbunjin to feed himself a bunch of grapes.
- Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 versus:
- All: *Breeep*
- Manbunjin versus:
- Ittle Dew: Compared to the blissful simplicity of living for the next adventure, the capability for introspection is simply a curse.
- Masked Ruby: Your sincere belief in your own importance only makes your boasting that less bearable.
- Magic Crystal: I see your lackadaisical attitude is a cover for the dark secret concerning the origin of your magical powers.
- Rubibi: Few are those who truly enjoy their work. I admit that I am deeply envious.
- Jenny Fox: Anger is a powerful motivator, but it may also blind you to the approach of your own destruction.
- Jenny Cat: It is rather frightening that spending most of your time at rest does nothing to diminish your combat effectiveness.
- Ultra Fishbunjin 3000: The more you puff yourself up with your macho posturing, the more insignificant you are likely to be when things "get real".
- Ultra Mechabun: You appear surprisingly sentient, yet cannot disobey your orders. What tragic existence do you lead?
- Princess Remedy: I will not question your resolve, but I will opine that your methods consist solely of treating the symptoms, not the cause.
- Business Casual Man: I will not dismiss what I do not understand - but I fear there are things not meant to be understood.
- Goddess of Explosions: You hold back your true power solely for your own entertainment. Do others mean nothing to you?
- Asha: What burns at you? Is it the fear of defeat that has sharpened your skill to such an edge?
- Ansaksie: You believe you are different, but your self-righteous sense of justice merely makes you another kind of monster.
- Frallan: Your tough act hides a vulnerable heart, but do not think it shameful. A thick skin is the fault of an uncaring world.
- Bees: Your pristine exterior easily cracks. The smell of victory unleashes your spirit.
- Cruiser Tetron: Your zeal hides great complexity. Is there at all a difference between duty and madness?
- Orka: You appear simple, but it's partly a ruse. One would be foolish to underestimate your mastery of pugilism.
- Teams: Two people can accomplish certain things that one cannot, but don't forget the reverse is also true.
- Free-for-All: Battle and domination are not endeavours worthy of admiration.
- Ultra Mechabun versus:
- All: Krossa. Knyckla. Krasa. Knacka. Karva. Kullkasta. Kassera.
- Added two more colors to the Mechabun outfit
- Reduced length of getuproll so it's the same as a dodgeroll, which matches how the other characters work
- Fishbunjin now tucks his arms in closer to his body during the ledgeroll, dodgeroll, techroll, and getup left/right animations, and he also squishes less horizontally
- Hold Taunt while walking slowly to Menace (uses the same effect as walking slowly during Ruination Impulse Mode in Fishbunjin's Story Mode)
- Changed Up tilt DI from 1.0 to 1.1
- Up tilt now reaches a shorter distance behind Fishbunjin
- Down strong hitboxes are no longer set to interacting, so they no longer clank with other attacks
- Changed Up special weak hit hitstun from 0.8 to 0.9
- Neutral special now correctly changes to its grounded animation if Fishbunjin lands on the ground during the move
- Grab hitbox now reaches farther back inside Fishbunjin's body
- Fixed a bug where Down throw removed two lives from the opponent instead of one
- Fixed Pummel so the hitbox doesn't linger until the end of the animation
- Story mode final boss: ?????
- Up air no longer has super armor
- Down strong no longer has super armor
- Fishbunjin side special flex checks now can't be triggered by the same frame as a previous special
- Fixed issue where a flex would sometimes happen out of a flex or side special
- Stage collision on elbows moved to shoulders
- Airdodge animation now retracts arms immediately
- Made flexing into flex by pressing special after a 5 frame window of tapping up less strict
- Fixed issue where hitbox on down throw could refresh infinitely
- Fixed issue where Fishbunjin would never receive edgeclimb attack intangibility
- Shield health increased (50 -> 60)
- Forward tilt priority reinstated (0 -> 5)
- Aerial empty lag standardized (5 -> 4)
- Neutral air animation tweaked to no longer hit behind
- Forward air angle reverted (35 -> 40)
- Forward air knockback growth reduced (2.3 -> 2.2)
- Dumbbell during finisher stall no longer land cancels before the dumbbell is thrown
- Dumbbell landing lag fixed, before it ended too early by mistake (15 -> 25)
- Forward strong angle reverted (40 -> 45)
- Down strong now takes a jump if canceled via up special
- First 5 frames of finisher landing lag activate forward strong
- Finisher base knockback reduced (100 -> 80)
- Finisher hitstun reduced (1 -> 0.8)
- Pummel now hits other opponents
- All throws now have a hitbox
- Forward throw less DIable (1.2 -> 1)
- Up throw more DIable (1.4 -> 1.5)
- Down throw knockback growth increased (1.5 -> 1.6)
- Flex can now cancel into up tilt & up strong
- Flex can now cancel into up special if grounded or (at the cost of a jump) in the air
- Flex can cancel into flex by pressing special after a 5 frame window of tapping up
- Forward special priority reinstated (0 -> 5)
- Forward special can now cancel into up tilt and up strong
- Forward special can now cancel into up special if grounded or (at the cost of a jump) in the air
- Forward special can cancel into flex by pressing special after a 5 frame window of tapping up
- Up special now has a large body hitbox that acts as a sourspot (weak up air properties)
- Up special super armor now focused entirely on ascending dumbbell
- Aerial down special animation tweaked to no longer hit behind
- Removed super armor from neutral special
- Removed armor from idle movement
- Up special super armor now only on arm holding dumbbell
- Up special no longer has interacting hitbox*
- Forward and down attack have reduced interaction bonus 5 -> 0
- Forward special has reduced interaction bonus 5 -> 0
- Grab endlag reduced 32->30
- Getup attack shieldstun 0.5->0.25
- Horizontal launch fixes:
- Fstrong angle 45->40
- Fair angle 40->35, kb gain 2.1->2.3
- Updated hurtboxes to be more detailed
- Down throw now has a spiking hitbox
- Edgeclimb attack hitbox first 4 frames only on head, also last 5 frames
- Changed rollback 43->34 frames, intangibility 20->18 frames
- Changed rollfwd 43->34 frames, intangibility 20->18 frames
- Changed spotdodge 25->24 frames, intangibility 15->14 frames
- Changed standup 32->24 frames, intangibility 20->14 frames
- Changed getupfwd 32->34 frames, intangibility 22->18 frames
- Changed getupback 32->34 frames, intangibility 22->18 frames
- Changed techland 22->24 frames, intangibility 15->14 frames
- Changed techrollfwd 32->34 frames, intangibility 22->18 frames
- Changed techrollback 32->34 frames, intangibility 22->18 frames
- Changed edgeclimb 30->24 frames, intangibility 22->16 frames
- Changed edgeroll 40->34 frames, intangibility 26->20 frames
- Changed Jab minimum stun frames to 30
- Changed grounded Dspecial shield damage from 1.0 to 1.2
- Changed aerial Dspecial knockback gain from 2.4 to 2.1
- Changed aerial Dspecial hitstun from 0.8 to 0.75
- Increased aerial Dspecial endlag by 6 frames
- The Finisher dumbbell once again spawns on Fishbunjin's hand without being able to throw it through solid geometry
- Changed grab total length from 35 to 32 frames
- Nspecial now has superarmor on frame 1-3 if Fishbunjin performs it from a standing or walking state, but not from any other state (such as jump startup, jump or tumble)
- Now has immunity against very slight knockback during the Jump and Fall states in addition to Idle, Crouch, and Walk/Run
- Fishbunjin's hands now catch fire when the grabbed opponent has 50 damage or more, signifying the point where Dthrow will travel forwards
- Edgeroll now travels faster near the start of the move, so Fishbunjin becomes vulnerable further onto the stage
- Can now clutch reverse aerial Dspecial
- Changed aerial Dspecial landing lag from 20 to 25
- Changed aerial Dspecial shieldstun from 1.0 to 0.5
- Changed Uthrow total length from 50 to 48 frames
- Changed getupattack invincibility frames from 1-29 to 1-26 (12 vulnerable frames total)
- Fixed an unassigned hitbox in Dstrong that could hit characters in the center of the "world" (usually the center of the stage)
- Fixed an issue where Fishbunjin could throw his dumbbell through the stage (the dumbbell now spawns closer to his body)
- Fishbunjin's regular dodge rolls now move quicker at the start of the roll
- Ftilt no longer hits behind Fishbunjin's centerpoint
- Changed priority bonus of Ftilt from 0 to 10
- Changed priority bonus of Dtilt from 0 to 10
- Added Uair superarmor on frames 17-20
- Increased upwards range of Uair by having Fishbunjin stretch his body more
- Changed Uspecial landing lag from 30 to 25 frames
- Dthrow now has a blue flame effect when it moves forward (when the grabbed opponent has over 50 damage)
- Dthrow no longer slides off ledges after hitting the ground
- Slightly increased Grab hitboxes inside Fishbunjin's body
- Turned off visual mesh smearing on Uspecial
- Tweaked airdodge animation so it transitions into tumble instead of fall
- Changed first and second hit of Dstrong hitstun on airborne opponents from 0.7 to 0.6
- Changed first and second hit of Dstrong hitstun on grounded opponents from 0.7 to 1.0
- Changed Nspecial hitstun from 0.8 to 1.0
- Dthrow now only travels forward if the grabbed opponent has 50 damage or more
- Changed aerial Dspecial hitstop and selfstop from 1.5 to 2.0
- Added a slight screenshake when Fishbunjin connects with aerial Dspecial and Finisher
- Changed first and second hit of Dstrong hitstun from 0.6 to 0.7
- Changed Nspecial hitstun from 1.0 to 0.8
- Fixed issue where Fishbunjin would get stuck on slopes when falling onto them with down strong
- The hurtboxes on Fishbunjin's arms and legs are now forced to 0 depth, so some attacks that previously appeared to hit him will now actually connect
- Reduced the distance of rolls and techrolls
- Changed first and second hit of Dstrong hitstun from 1.0 to 0.6
- Dstrong now only has superarmor as long as Fishbunjin is grounded
- Fixed faulty shield/parry shield hurtboxes
- Changed shield hurtbox size from 2.0 to 1.5
- Changed Bair shieldstun from 1.0 to 0.5
- Changed Fspecial damage from 14 to 12
- Changed Fspecial knockback gain from 2.5 to 2.1
- Changed Fspecial shieldstun from 1.0 to 0.7
- Changed Fspecial hitstun from 1.0 to 0.8
- Added a heavier sound, dust and screenshake when Fishbunjin hits the ground during crashland and Dair
- Changed air acceleration from 50 to 55
- Changed getup invulnerability frames from 0-24 to 0-20 (was actually a mistake)
- Changed Ftilt active frames from 9-13 to 7-11
- Changed Ftilt total duration from 40 to 38 frames
- Changed Dtilt active frames from 6-10 to 5-9
- Changed Dtilt total duration from 29 to 28 frames
- Tweaked Dtilt animation so he no longer pokes his foot out before the hitbox becomes active.
- Changed Nair base knockback from 160 to 140
- Changed Nair knockback gain from 1.5 to 1.7
- Changed Nair hitlag from 0.6 to 0.7
- Changed Nair SDI from 2.0 to 1.0
- Changed Fair (leg hit) base knockback from 120 to 150
- Changed Fair (leg hit) knockback gain from 2.3 to 2.1
- Changed Fair (chest hit) base knockback from 140 to 180
- Changed Fair (chest hit) hitlag from 1.5 to 1.0
- Changed Fair (chest hit) selflag from 1.5 to 1.0
- Changed Dthrow X velocity from 20 to 12, since it now checks this value correctly (not intended as a nerf but the result of a bug fix)
- Now has an edgeroll
- Changed forward and backward roll invincibility frames from 0-14 to 0-16
- Can now use the Clutch button to reverse the horizontal momentum and direction of Nspecial
- Changed dash speed from 14 to 15
- Changed air acceleration from 40 to 50
- Changed Nair hitstun from 0.7 to 0.85
- Changed Uair hitbox size from 1.0 to 1.2 (chest)
- Changed Uspecial superarmor frames from 8-16 to 8-20
- Changed Dthrow DI from 1.2 to 0.7
- Changed Dthrow hitlag from 1.0 to 0.2
- Changed maximum Finisher horizontal recoil from 10 to 14
- Restored property of Finisher to stop movement in previously forward direction if done in opposite direction
- Changed getupattack shield stun from 1.0 to 0.5
- Can use the Clutch button to reverse the horizontal momentum and direction of Air strong
- Changed weight from 125 to 120
- Changed dash speed from 15 to 14
- Changed air acceleration from 80 to 40
- Changed Nair base knockback from 100 to 160
- Changed Nair knockback gain from 2.0 to 1.5
- Changed Nair SDI from 1.0 to 2.0
- Changed Nair hitlag from 1.0 to 0.6
- Changed Nair hitstun from 1.0 to 0.7
- Changed Bair active frames from 16-20 to 17-20
- Changed maximum Finisher horizontal recoil from 20 to 10
- Removed the hitboxes on Fishbunjin's elbows on Nspecial
- Removed Fspecial attack superarmor (previously frames 5-9)
- Changed Uspecial superarmor frames from 0-20 to 8-16
- Uspecial now travels 10% shorter vertically
- The Fspecial attack now only flashes Fishbunjin's body with the superarmor color while he actually has superarmor (frames 5-9)
- Changed forward and backward roll invincibility frames from 4-20 to 0-14 (Due to a mistake, his forward roll invincibility frames were 4-20 instead of 0-16 since version 0.7)
- Changed Fstrong DI from 1.0 to 0.6
- Added more hitboxes inside body to Utilt
- During his idle, crouch, walk, and run, Fishbunjin is immune to the slight knockback from Jenny's boomerang axes and Ittle's bomb (the bomb itself, not the explosion)
- Dstrong now loses its super armor 65 frames after it begins if Fishbunjin is falling during the attack
- Changed Uair active frames from 17-22 to 19-24 (due to a mistake, the previous version had changed it from 22-32 to 17-22)
- Added more hitboxes inside body to Jab
- Added more hitboxes inside body to Dtilt
- Added more hitboxes inside body to Ftilt
- Changed Dtilt active frames from 9-13 to 6-10
- Changed Dtilt move duration from to 32 to 29 frames
- Changed Dtilt hitstun from 1.0 to 0.85
- Changed Uair active frames from 22-32 to 19-24
- Changed Uair knockback angle from 90 to 80
- Changed Uair base knockback from 140 to 130
- Changed Uair DI from 1.0 to 1.2
- Changed Uair SDI from 1.0 to 1.2
- Changed Uair hitstun from 1.0 to 0.8
- Changed Uair move duration from 42 to 46 frames
- Changed aerial Dspecial active frames from to 19-23 to 16-20
- Changed aerial Dspecial move duration from 45 to 40 frames
- Polished Fishbun's animations
- Changed Rollforward invincibility frames from 4-20 to 0-16
- Changed Rollback invincibility frames from 4-20 to 0-16
- Changed Ftilt base knockback from 100 to 120
- Changed Ftilt hitstun from 1.0 to 0.95
- Changed Dtilt base knockback from 100 to 160
- Changed Dtilt knockback gain from 2.0 to 1.4
- Dtilt no longer goes off edges
- Dtilt now has a hitbox on Fishbun's butt
- Changed Fair landing lag from 10 to 12 frames
- Changed Bair landing lag from 8 to 10 frames
- Changed Bair hitstun from 1.0 to 0.9
- Changed Nair landing lag from 8 to 10 frames
- Changed Dair base knockback from 100 to 80
- Changed Dair hitstun from 1.0 to 0.7
- Changed first possible jump cancel frame of Nspecial from 5 to 7
- Changed Uspecial knockback angle from 80 to 75
- Changed Uspecial base knockback from 100 to 120
- Changed Uspecial knockback gain from 2.0 to 2.6
- Changed aerial Dspecial knockback angle from 315 to 325
- Changed aerial Dspecial knockback gain from 2.2 to 2.4
- Changed aerial Dspecial hitstun from 0.7 to 0.8
- Grounded Dspecial now has 5 frames less startup (begins charging on frame 0)
- Changed Uthrow DI from 1.6 to 1.4
- The "-jin" suffix in his name is a reference to the Saiya-jin from the Dragon Ball series. "-jin" can also mean "person", effectively making his name "Fishbun-person".
- Fishbunjin is set to appear as a playable fighter in Fraymakers, an upcoming platform fighter/indie crossover being developed by McLeodGaming.
- Fishbunjin's 4th alternate outfit was changed during development.
The Story Mode ending picture.